Brand reputation can have a significant impact on the number of sales, and as a result, on its profits. Today, the majority of companies are represented on the Internet, and it will no longer be possible to ignore its impact on the reputation of a business. Therefore, such a direction as Online Reputation Management appeared. ORM marketing is a set of tools and practices aimed at forming a public opinion about a company on the Internet. The main goal of ORM marketing is to find and remove negative information about the brand, and the formation and maintenance of positive information
No time to figure it out? Advertex marketing agency from the UAE offers comprehensive online promotion and works with clients all over the world. The company’s specialists develop online business promotion strategies with a step-by-step action plan and ensure their implementation. We design, implement, maintain, and develop websites, bring targeted traffic to the website (advertising, SEO, email newsletters), expand the company’s presence on third party sites, set up analytics, and conduct post-click analysis.
What is included in ORM marketing?
ORM marketing includes several basic tools for managing online reputation.
Dealing with negative reviews
Even if the company carries out crystal clear activities, fulfilling its obligations at the highest level, there are dissatisfied customers who leave negative reviews on third-party resources. One negative review among a dozen positive ones can scare away a potential client, and the company will incur losses. Therefore, it is important to promptly monitor the appearance of such reviews and respond appropriately to them.
In addition, some competitors may use the power of reviews by leaving untrue, negative mentions.
Publication of reviews
There are many reputable sites on the Internet that can host company profiles with testimonials from customers.
The list of such resources includes:
- Aggregator sites that help visitors decide on a company in the context of a product or service.
- Reviewers are services, as the name implies, designed to leave reviews about brands.
- Thematic forums.
On each of these resources, you can publish positive reviews about the work of your company, you must have a profile on all popular sites of this type. This is an extremely effective method when it comes to building a reputation. Also, this method is good if the company has recently started its activities.
Work with social media
Social media has become one of the most visited sites on the Internet. People there not only spend their leisure time but are also in search of various goods and services, collecting and exchanging information about companies. It is important not to bypass such sites and always keep your finger on the pulse, tracking the image component of your brand.
Company information may be published:
- On the personal page of the group. Here, the administrator can take over the tasks of an ORM specialist, but it is important to correctly respond to the negative. It should not be unceremoniously removed, but it is better to answer and beat the situation in your favor.
- In thematic groups. Here you can not only track what users write about you but also publish positive information yourself.
Crowd marketing includes a set of tools aimed at creating hidden recommendations in favor of a particular brand or company.
ORM specialists of Advertex work with several accounts in social networks, on thematic forums, and other resources where it is possible to build dialogues with visitors. Then, under the guise of interested users, they answer questions with the mention of the desired brand, etc.
A conditional user in search of additional information about a company does not go straight to aggregator sites or reviews. Initially, he visits one of the popular search engines, driving in the name of the brand or company. It is in the search results that reviews, including negative ones, are most often reflected. Search Engine Reputation Management allows you to build a reputation management strategy in such a way as to find and push out negative content.
In practice, it looks like this:
- A SERM specialist conducts an audit and finds negative mentions about the company in the top of the issue. This list may include both reliable reviews and false ones.
- Then a strategy is developed. It is based on the image that the company wants to convey to potential customers.
- The platforms where the prepared information will be published are determined.
- Placement of SEO-optimized content, such as press releases, testimonials, image articles, etc., on authoritative sites.
As is clear from the work algorithm, SERM activities are aimed at ensuring that the TOP of search results is filled with positive information about the brand.
Who needs ORM marketing service?
In fact, this service is necessary for any business. At the initial stages of work, when the company has few customers, there are no ill-wishers (for example, in the face of competitors), you can bypass the possibilities of ORM marketing. But this can lead to problems in the future.
The fact is that most companies think about reputation management only in times of crisis when negative information about the brand begins to directly affect sales. In such cases, it is not always possible to quickly correct the situation. Therefore, it is recommended to build a positive reputation gradually.
Reasons to do ORM marketing:
- There is no mention of the company on the Internet. This situation can negatively affect sales along with negative reviews.
- When entering targeted queries in search engines, one or more negative reviews are issued. Ideally, TOP SERPs should be cleared of this.
- The possibility of negative information from unscrupulous competitors.
ORM marketing is an integral part of the comprehensive promotion of the company. Ignoring the appearance of negativity towards the brand is fraught with a lot of problems, the main of which is the outflow of customers and loss of profit.